2011年4月27日水曜日

Going to the Japanese restaurant ...

After a few moment, I realized maybe I should call my aunt in Tokyo, since all my family & many of my friends are in Western Japan..
However, even by a few attempt, the line was too busy so that I couldn't get through ...

My fear increased ...
The clock was already nearly 10.30am.
So I called the receptionist if I could stay longer till 12, explaining " Something terrible is happening in Japan at the moment, and I need to contact my relatives " , then he said yes.

My heart was upsetting, trying to get more information.. but I needed to start my suitecase as well ..

The time flew out ...
I wondered the people who worked at Japanese restaurant in Milan where I frequently visit, since there are many people from Tohoku area in Japan ...

I checked out and talked to the receptionists.
But they didn't really know the situation ..
They both said that Japanese must be so prepared for earthquakes..but I said " Even much bigger than we expected with huge tsunami " Then they searched on internet and realized without a word.
" We just feel sorry.. ", that was all they could say.

I left the hotel ,having left my luggage, for my lunch, to the restaurant " Tomoyoshi ".

I entered the door and said hello to the lady who normally works there.
I believed she is a wife of the owner who usually works in the kitchen.
She smiled as usual. So I thought maybe she doesn't know what was really happening there..
Then I asked " Is your family ok and where are you from ? " 

She was from Tochigi.
She knew the news about Earthquake, but not much tsunami..
I explained the scene I'd just saw on TV, swallowing up everythin on earth, but she seemed not to be believing as if it was just an exaggeration.

Then she started talking to other customer, and laughed. " Do you know about tsunami and earthquake in Japan ? "

The customer from Tokyo answered calmly, " Yes ".

Then she started to talk to her husband, too.
" This girl said Sendai airport was hit by Tsunami."

The owner was from Sendai, and soon his face became pale.

" Where in Sendai ?", I said " I think it is just south of Sendai city."
He started calling his neiths there, but the line was not connected ...

Then I said again " This is not an exaggeration. Tsunami was swallowing everything there, icluding houses, cars, everything alive ... "
The other worker from Kansai opened up her eyes and seemed not to be able to believe.
I just said " Check on internet or 8 o'clock news here, you will see. This is supposed to be a big news "
Then I left the restaurant again.

It was such a nice calm day outside.
I remember it must be just after my colleauges and boss had arrived in Japan.
- if they didn't go to the office, could be just after they arrived at home in Tokyo...-
Couldn't believe something terrible like this happening on the other side of earth.
I went back to the hotel to fetch my suitecase to go back to South France ...

While I was on the train, suddenly I felt a fear

as if I was going to somewhere dangerous...
but I realized again, I was in Milan, far from the EQ & Tsunami zone...

It was all strange to me everything was normal there, altought I knew something terrible was happening on the other side of the earth ....

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿